Sunday 27 April 2014

Airfried Char Siew (Improved version)

My 2nd trial of airfried char siew using pork belly!! Improved version!!

My whole family liked it and said that no need to buy from outside liao!! Their comments really made my day and I am so happy!! :D

This time, I used honey instead of sugar to marinate the meat. On the first time when I made char siew, I used the shoulder cut which is too lean so this time I used pork belly instead.

The recipe given is a guideline. You may adjust accordingly to your preference.

Ingredients:- 
4 strip pork belly without skin about 700gm

Marinated:-
3 tablespoon oyster sauce
4 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon hua tiao jiu
1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 teaspoon pepper

Directions:-
  1. Marinated the meat overnight in the fridge with the above ingredients.
  2. Airfried the meat for 45 - 60 min at 195 degree.  
Tips:-
  1. Brush the remaining sauce over the meat at every 15 min interval and turn over the meat at 30 min.
  2. If you want the meat to have more shiny look, brush honey on the meat during airfrying.
  3. The time and temperature may vary. Check to see how brown you like.
  4. You can boil the dripped meat sauce with alittle water and corn starch. This will be char siew gravy to accompany with plain rice.